|See video clips of table tennis|
If you need advice and your question is not answered here please call 0207 193 3314
Below are some of popular questions and a quick way to get the answers you need - if your specific question
Also check our info page for some useful table tennis information and links.
1. I'm not sure which I need - an outdoor or indoor table?
2. Can I store my outdoor table outside under a cover all year round?
3. How many net, bats and balls do I get with each table purchase?
4. Do you have tables suitable for disabled players?
5. Can I upgrade my nets, bats and balls from those you supply as standard?
6. Can I order more bats with my table in addition to the 4 bats supplied free?
7. What size are regulation table tennis tables?
8. How much space do I need around the table to play?
9. I have a small room, do you make smaller tables?
10. Do you make smaller tables for children just starting out?
11. Do all table tennis tables come with wheels?
12. Do I need to assemble the table myself? How long will it take? How easy is it?
13. What happens if I leave my indoor table outside in the sun?
14. Do I need an outdoor cover for my outdoor table in the summer?
15. Can you explain the delivery system?
16. Table Tennis Tables are large - can they blow over in the wind?
A. Indoor tables can be quickly damaged if they are exposed to excess moisture or direct sunlight. Therefore if you
Indoor tables can be used outdoors with care on a fine and dry summers day provided they are kept out of direct sunlight and and they are kept indoors overnight.
Need more advice on this question? Our trained staff will be happy to advise on this issue.
A. Yes - although the more protection it receives the longer it will last. Ideally it should be protected with the outdoor cover and if possible stored in a sheltered position. Watch out for high winds as tables can blow over if not placed in a sheltered spot.3. How many nets, bats and balls do I get with each table purchase?
A. You will receive 4 bats with each full size table and a pack of 6 table tennis balls. Net and posts are supplied with all
A. Yes the Butterfly Centrefold Rollaway, and the two Butterfly Space Saver tables are suitable for use with
A. Yes you can upgrade most items - just e-mail for more info with details of the table you wish to purchase.
A. Yes you can upgrade or increase the number of bats we send with your table - just e-mail for more info.
A. Standard ITTF regulations sized table tennis tables are 9ft x 5ft and 2ft 6 inches high (2.75m x 1.53m x 77cm).
A. As a minimum approximately 4' at each end and 2' at the sides.
A. Yes there are smaller tables such as the Butterfly Junior ( 3/4 sized) which would be ideal for use in restricted space.
A. Yes there are tables especially for young children such as the Dunlop Junior Table. This table is is slightly smaller and therefore helps with learning the game.
A. No - some are designed to be moved on wheels others have fixed legs. All details are given on the relevant
A. Some tables will require assembly - the time taken depends on the table but on avarage 45 minutes to 1 hour should be set aside. Full instructions are provided and assembly has been carefully designed to be completed as easily and simply as possible. Once set up, tables can then be folded up or down within a matter of seconds.
An installation service is available on all Dunlop tables for an extra charge
A. Indoor tables will warp in a matter of minutes if left in the direct midday sun! (We have seen this happen in less than 5 minutes). Once they are warped, little can be done to straighten the tops.
A. In the summer it's not absolutly neccessary - outdoor tables are resistant to rain and sun. However, for winter storage an outdoor cover will extend the life of the table.
A. Most of our table deliveries are with a 2 man service. You will be telephoned in advance to agree a date to ensure you are home to receive the table. Delivery is normally between 2 and 10 days. More details here
A. Yes - is the short answer - look carefully at the height of the table. Some older designs have a folding system which means the table is around 6 feet high when folded. These tables are very suseptable to blowing over if left exposed and are not stored in a sheltered place. Look for a compact table if you are worried you might be storing the table in an exposed position.